Mar. 10, 2019
1) Heavenly Conflict -
- Daniel 10:12-13: Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia."
- DQ 1) What spiritual gifts enable Christians to engage in heavenly battles?
2) Personal Conflict -
Ephesians 4:26-27: "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.
1 Peter 5:5: All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
Ephesians 4:2-3: Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
- DQ 2) When conflict has arisen in your life, how have you dealt with it? Do you allow anger to control and manipulate you, or do you submit the problems to Christ?
3) Destruction -
1 Peter 5:8-9: Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
- DQ 3) How have you witnessed demonic destruction in your personal life, your family, or in the lives of other people you have known?
- DQ 4) How do we avoid demonic destruction in our lives?