At Family Café, Hettie and other members of the family ministry team offer seminars or talks on pressing family matters, and parenting or marriage talks or studies on Wednesday nights. These are announced throughout the year on the church's Facebook page, in the church newsletter, on our Family Café Facebook page and on the pre- and post-service slides over weekends. If you keep an eye on these, you'll be in the know on all family and marriage happenings. You can also email email@example.com to ask about any upcoming events.
In addition, we offer the Evergreen Parenting Course. The course is available to anyone in the church, and to the community around the church. The content is as relevant to parents with babies as to those with teens and grown children. Classes are repeated each quarter.
Evergreen Parenting Course:
- Session 1: Adult Temperament: Explore your unique design
- Session 2: Child Temperament: Explore your children's unique design and learn how to adapt your parenting to shape their character and to build a lasting and nurturing relationship
- Session 3: Healthy Authority: Discover your natural authority style, 12 building blocks of authority
- Session 4: Building blocks of Authority (continued), keys to regaining respect and ways to eliminate manipulation in your home.
- Session 5: Compassionate Discipline: Learn 5 golden keys to discipline that shapes heart, head and hands by teaching skills and requiring more than outward compliance.
- Session 6: Understand 8 types of misbehavior and how to respond to each. Develop a unique training plan for each child, with grace and reasonable consequences.
- P.S. Some elements of this course have been featured on Focus on the Family and published in several parenting books. Feel free to have a look or a listen here and see more content on the Evergreen Parenting page as well as on their Facebook. All the course presenters are well-trained and able to give you wise and kind support.
Family Cafe offers family counseling for free to all church members. Hettie Brittz does some counseling and also refers to other trusted team members and counselors.