Feb. 24, 2019
1) Deception -
Corinthians 4:4: The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
2 Corinthians 11:3: But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
- DQ 1) How have you personally encountered spiritual warfare in the form of deception?
2) Lies -
John 8:44: You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
- DQ 2) What are common lies people believe about God, others, or themselves?
3) Temptation -
Matthew 4:3: The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
Hebrews 2:18: Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
- DQ 3) What makes temptation effective in humans?
4) Conflict -
Daniel 10:12-13: Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia."
- DQ 4) Daniel 10:12-13 gives us a glimpse of heavenly conflict. How do spirits of evil bring about conflict in the physical, visible world?
5) Destruction -
1 Peter 5:8-9: Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
- DQ 5) How have you witnessed demonic destruction in your personal life, your family, or in the lives of other people you have known?