May. 17, 2020
Primary Text: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 May 17, 2020
1) Brevity of Life -
* Genesis 3:22: And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
* James 4:14: Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
* Psalm 144:4: Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow.
- DQ 1) Why do humans live as if life on the earth is eternal?
2) Set Limits -
* Job 14:5: Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.
* Psalm 90:10: The length of our days is seventy years--or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.
* Psalm 139:15-16: When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.