November 14, 2019
429 Shipley Ferry Road Blountville, TN 37617
“East of Eden” - November 9-10, 2019
“Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him…And the LORD said, “What have you done?... I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth…And the LORD put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him. Then Cain went away from the presence of the LORD and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.” ---- Genesis 4:8-16
- 1. Why did Cain not experience “eye for an eye” punishment?
- 2. God’s Covenant with Abraham was ____________________.
- 3. God’s Covenant with Moses was ____________________.
- 4. Sometimes we find ourselves wandering in the land of Nod due to personal _______________. .
- 5. Must we all journey through the desert? Why? __________________________
- 6. What are the three lost things in Luke 15? ______________________________
- 7. What prevented
Adam and Eve from returning to Eden? (Hint: It was also embroidered on the
curtain to the Holy of Holies.) _______________________
- 8. What verse
describes the beginning point for our return to Eden? Romans ____:____
- 9. What teaching of Jesus outlines how we should continue that journey? _____________________________________________
- 10. How should we pray when loved ones are wandering in the land of Nod? _____________________________________________
- 11. For Extra Credit : What was John Hartman’s marketing mistake when he introduced Coca-Cola to China in 1927? __________________________________