December 05, 2019
429 Shipley Ferry Road Blountville, TN 37617
1) Urgency to Serve Christ -
Mark 10:45: For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
John 12:26: Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
Galatians 5:13: You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.
- DQ 1) What are ways in which you are serving Christ now?
- DQ 2) Do you need to reprioritize your life to put service to Jesus at a higher level?
2) Urgency to Disciple Others -
Matthew 28:18-20: Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
2 Timothy 2:2: And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
- DQ 3) Are you presently discipling anyone? Who?
- DQ 4) Are you discipling people to follow Christ or discipling them in some other way?
- DQ 5) What are possible opportunities for you to disciple others that you may have been overlooking?
3) Urgency to Share Your Resources -
Matthew 25:37-40: "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'" The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
James 2:5: Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?
- DQ 6) How does generosity reflect our depth of faith in Christ?
- DQ 7) Are you a generous person? What could you do to become more generous?