September 15, 2019
429 Shipley Ferry Road Blountville, TN 37617
Join us for worship and Robert's teaching series. Children's church, nursery and childcare are offered and coffee is on the house. If you can't join us in person, watch the live stream here!
To live stream our Saturday 6:30pm and Sunday 11:15am services, click here.
This Weekend's Message : "Critical Omission"
1) Missing Components - 2 Timothy 3:1-3: But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good…
- 1) Define what it means to be without self-control, without love, and unforgiving.
2) Self-Control - Proverbs 25:28: Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.
1 Peter 5:7-9: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
1 Peter 4:7: The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.
- 2) What are obvious ways in which Americans lack self-control?
- 3) In what area(s) do you most struggle with self-control?
3) Without Love - 1 John 3:23: And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
1 John 4:7-8, 12: Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love…. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
DQ 4) If there is an absence of love, what takes its place?
4) Unforgiving - Matthew 6:14-15: For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Ephesians 4:32: Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- 5) What are the negative personal ramifications of unforgiveness?
- 6) Is there anyone you need to forgive?